Step 1. Download the required set of the update utility for_kis_188.8.131.5270.zip.
Step 2. Unpack the downloaded set on another computer which is connected to the Internet or to an USB drive which is connected to the computer with the Internet connection.
Pay attention, the full path to the folder with the update utility should contain only Latin symbols and should not contain space characters!
Step 3. From the unpacked folder run the file Updater.bat (double-click the file to run it).
Once the file is started, the following window appears on the screen:
The window shows that the copying process has started (the path to the file Updater.exe, shown in the figure may vary from the path shown in the window on your computer).
If you connect to the Internet via a proxy-server, add proxy-server settings to the for_kis_184.108.40.20670.ini file. In order to do this, perform the following actions:
- In the utility folder find the for_kis_220.127.116.1170.ini file and double-click it.
- In the text find the Proxy Settings section and type settings of your proxy-server instead of by default parameters:
- Address (proxy_url)
- Port (proxy_port)
- Login (proxy_login)
- Password (proxy_pwd).
- Save the for_kis_18.104.22.16870.ini file and close it.
Step 4. When the window disappears, in the folder of the update utility open the file iupdater.txt and make sure the file contains the following record (implying successful update):
The actual set of databases and modules is copied into the Updates subfolder of the folder, from which the file Updater.bat has been run.
Step 5. Configure update of Kaspersky Internet Security from the Updates folder, into which the updates have been saved. In order to do this, perform the following actions:
- Open the application main window.
- In the upper right hand corner of the window, click Settings.
- In the upper part of the Settings window, select the Update tab.
- In the right hand part of the window in the Run mode and update source section, click the Update source button.
- In the Update window on the Source tab clear the Kaspersky Lab update servers box.
- In the Update window on the Source tab, click on the Add button.
- Select the folder into which you have downloaded databases and modules using the update utility(subfolder Updates).
- Click on the OK button.
- On the Update window, click OK.
- On the Settings window, click OK.
- Run the anti-virus databases update process.